Tuesday 10 July 2012

Ever covered your ipad in flour...?

Hello to all fellow cooks!
    or food lovers who fear cooking...
    or proper chefs who cringe in horror at my cooking methods....
    or food haters who have yet to be converted! 

Welcome to my little experiment - please feed back and tell me how it is going, because I have absolutely no idea.  And it would be great to hear from you.  So here's my hypothesis...

I like to cook from recipe books - they're great for new ideas.  Unfortunately I get a lot of my recipes off the internet, not all, but quite a few, and my computer doesn't really feel at home in the kitchen.  It complains when it gets covered in flour, or grease, or sugar...  So I wanted to test the hypothesis that a 'talking recipe' played in real-time whilst cooking might be an alternative medium for the modern cook.

On this blog, each time I try a new recipe I will upload an audio commentary and I will do my best to describe what I'm doing sufficiently well for you to follow it, I'll also include the recipe details in the blog for you to refer to.  Through this process I hope that it will be possible for people to create the food without needing to press a laptop button or turn the page of a recipe book, or an e-reader!  I will also review the recipes and tell you what I think of them and hopefully you'll be able to get an idea of how easy they are to do from the length of the audio file.

So that's my plan - if you try any of the recipe's please let me know how you get on.  And if you have any advice as to how I can make it easier to follow just say.

Thanks!  Enjoy the cooking :)


No comments:

Post a Comment