Tuesday 10 July 2012

Meringues!

Recipe Rating: ***** 5 star

So at the weekend I decided that I would try to make meringues.  I had some strawberries and some cream so I thought it would be quite a fun thing to do for Wimbledon.  I had never made meringues before (I have no idea why not, just never happened).  So I found a recipe on the BBC food website which looked pretty good (Meringues).

I decided to use half quantities, these are the ingredients I used:

2 large egg whites
60 g caster sugar
60 g icing sugar

To make the meringues I needed baking paper/parchment, an electric whisk (although you could do it by hand if you have strong wrists), a baking tray, a mixing bowl and an oven.

The meringues when they were done were only just brown on the outside, they were gooey in the middle and were really tasty.  They went really well with the strawberries and cream, and they were pretty easy to make.  I definitely recommend this one!

Attached is the link to the audio - let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment